Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Someone Looks Like Mummy Feels

Yes Mr. Sloan, I too feel the same!
Who got back in the saddle today??  This girl!!  I arrived at the pool at 5:25 AM only ten minutes late.  Many pats on the back have I given to myself.  Many times have I mentioned to various people in unrelated phone conversations that I worked out at 5:15 AM (which is the time that I should be in pool.  no need to mention that I am NEVER EVER punctual).

Things went pretty well following my early morning workout.  Everyone got to school on time and three year old G-Money and I got to story time at the library at a respectable time.  We checked out many books with ridiculous titles (Walter Kitty, for example). We ran many errands before I began to suffer the unavoidable consequences of the early morning workout.

Irritability and nap desperation hit me hard at about 2:00.  I was able to rest for a about half an hour before the frenetic firedrill of evening sports began swirling about us.  At 3:40 PM, I generally have to start running about the house rolling out orders like a drill sergeant while my children look at me in confusion as if it is the first time that they have every heard of a swim team.  It is ridiculous.  They ask me all sorts of questions, like "when does swim team start?", "where is swim team?" and "when will we be home?".  The answers to all of these questions are the same as they were in September when we started this mayhem, so it is a constant enigma that my children always respond to my innocuous "hop in the car for swim team, boys!" with suspicion.  Herding them into the car takes so much effort and stuffing of bags and snacks into the car that by the time I hit the driver's seat I am craving something that we Americans just can't have behind the wheel and it makes me feel terrible about everything.  After getting everyone to the pool, into the pool, goggles located, spare goggles located since the favorite goggles have been lost, and found place to sit, I am one spark short of a toaster.  The noise reverberating off the walls and the million times that I am splashed make life rather unbearable.

BUT, a great triumph that I had two hours to myself before the sun came up.  At 5:00 this morning, I was sane.

No comments:

Post a Comment