Monday, August 13, 2012

4:00 AM

This morning, I woke up cheerfully at 4:00 AM.  I just peeled out of bed, fully rested.  I was up before the baby.  It was ridiculous and it is happening relatively often.  I will say that I was in bed at 8:30 last night, reading just a bit of Mornings On Horseback before turning off the lights.  This has me slightly concerned that I am starting some midlife shift of my circadian rhythms.  Am I on my way to being that crotchety woman up with the garbage collectors and the local weather.  Am I going to start living my life like Matt Lauer, nervous if anyone suggests eating dinner after 5:00 or staying out past 7:00?  Is that going to me?

I still have sequin shorts in my closet and high heel shoes.  Nobody wears high heel shoes to eat dinner at 5:00 PM.

Anyway, amidst my crushing concern about the demise of my sequin shorts lifestyle, I popped onto my bike, met my fellow cyclists and pedaled 17 miles.  We rode at 16.9 miles her hour, which is quick for me.

However, I now have hanging over me a marathon on December 8th.  For this reason, I need to study and organize my swimming, biking and running into a manageable plan that will give me success on the 8th.  Will keep you posted on the development of my plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment