Thursday, August 9, 2012

My Food Situation

Glowing Green Smoothies in my Freezer

My Fridge!!

Its the Truth!!
So, I have been having a love affair with Kimberly Snyder and her food pairings and whole foods, dairy free, gluten free lifestyle.  Not that I was keen to give up my froyos, but my whole body melted down when I was pregnant, and I just had to cry uncle and embrace the quinoa.

Confession: There was a time when I posted a question about my new food lifestyle on Kimberly Snyder's blog EVERY DAY.  Kimberly Snyder, patron saint of probiotics that she is, kindly answered all my questions.  Can you believe it??  I have to say that her kind guidance really spurred me on to follow her advice.

Every day I:

1) drink a glowing green smoothie with a few Kimberly Snyder approved changes:

  • 2 apples
  • 2 pears or peaches (depending on the season)
  • parsely
  • kale
  • 2 cucumbers (usually bananas, but Kimberly says I can use the cucumbers instead)
  • ginger root
  • bunch of spinach
  • bunch of romaine
  • celery


I blend it all up in the Vitamix I got for my birthday last year and freeze six or seven servings for the week.  I have a whole schedule and system for doing it each week, and I love my GGS.

2) I take a probiotic supplement every morning and night.  I found some cheapie ones at the local Kroger and I am thrilled with them.

3) I tried to make her Probiotic and Enzyme Salad, but it was horrible.  It was so revolting that I would eat a Big Mac every day before I ever ate it again.  It really worried me that I would not be able to follow Kimberly Snyder all the way down the complicated road of eating well.  A friend turned me on to Bubbies, which is a raw sauerkraut.  They sell it at the whole foods, it is easier than making your own, and while it is not THE tastiest thing in the world, I really quite like it with spaghetti sauce and a bit of sheep cheese.  Kimberly Snyder says that sheep cheese is OK sometimes. SHEEP CHEESE!!!!!

4) I really try to follow the food pairings that she recommends:

  • eat fruit early, wait 20 minutes before eating anything else
  • green veggies pair with anything
  • starches and proteins do not pair together
  • melons are to be eaten alone
I think the fifth thing is to take digestive enzymes and I sort of stopped those, because I did not notice any big difference after doing it for a year.  

It is all pretty exciting.  I feel all sorts of better than I did before and during my pregnancy.  AND, Hanna, who cuts my hair, says that my hair remarkably longer and stronger than it was when we started down our hair road together.  ALSO, I think my aging puffy eyes are better.  They are rarely puffy anymore, and puff used to be the way I lived with my eyes.  Thrilling.   




Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment