Friday, August 10, 2012

Food Philosophy

9 month Pics were off the hook
So, while I have been a Kimberly Snyder guru for the last year or so, I feel it is necessary to clarify that if invited for dinner I am not going to show up at your house with a Tupperware of raw vegetables and some clarified water.  There are things that I cannot turn down under any circumstances, these are chocolate, coffee, wine and cake (especially of the birthday and wedding variety).  Chocolate, coffee and wine are completely indispensable to me for various child related reasons.  At some points in my day, respectively, first thing in the morning, sometime all day, and during the witching hour when everyone speaks to me in a whine, all these things are absolutely necessary.  And, I can't even fathom going to your birthday party and not eating some of your cake probably two pieces, one of which is a corner piece with a rose.

You just can't be that person that asks the waitress 5000 questions about vegetarian cooking practices (I dated that guy once, ooohh brooooother), the gluten content of the vinegar and how much dairy is involved in the entree.  That person is wearying, especially if this lifestyle that I have chosen is not really about a serious allergy or illness per say, but about feeling great and fitting into my admittedly expensive jeans collection.  I CANNOT AFFORD TO REPLACE MY JEANS.  ( I read an interview with Charlotte Dellal recently and when asked what brand of jeans she wore, she said "no thank you"!!  What the What.  No Jeans?? Really??)

So, everything said about my raw sauerkraut and my glowing green smoothies and my probiotic supplements, you have to live a little. Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment