Thursday, March 8, 2012

Thursday: Better than Yesterday

So last night, in an effort to retake some control of my life, I planned my day.  I thought I would run my older son to nursery school, then run with the baby in the jog stroller for seven miles.  Then, I would shower and arrive at the YMCA for pilates looking like a clean pilates maven in spandex and lululemon.

It was, of course, not to be.  The baby napped forever, I took my older son to nursery school late in an effort to let the baby finish his nap.  Then it started raining in a horizontal typhoon type deluge.  Whatevers.  I at least got to take my pilates class and run on the treadmill for six miles.  I looked hideous.  My hair was honestly beyond oily.  I was at 48 hours of no face wash.  It was rugged.

Anyway, the silver lining in all this was that the baby fell asleep in the car on the way home from the gym nursery and I was able to set his car seat carrier on the floor of the bathroom and take a luxurious shower complete with shaving, lotioning, and extra conditioner.

It was lovely!!

No comments:

Post a Comment