Thursday, March 1, 2012

Thursday: I Gambled and Won

So with the current night waking situation, getting up early to run was just not in the cards.  Even though Baby G only woke up once in the middle of the night, I was a wreck this morning.  I could barely drag myself from the bed.  I looked terrible, I felt awful, I turned on the shower and then rolled my eyes, turned it off.  I put on extra deodorant, turned on the coffee maker and noticed I had forgotten to defrost my glowing green smoothie (spinach, romaine, celery, apples, pears, lemons, cilantro, parsley, cucumber) for the morning.

I had to be at work at 10:30 AM, and drop my older son off at nursery school on the way.  Me getting to run today was anybody's game. Work, as usual these days, was a welcome respite from the trevails of home.  I sat at my desk, drank a Starbucks and used my graduate school education.  That is what I did.

Once home, all the planets aligned and I was able to run.  I loaded the baby into the jog stroller, and he rode happily along for 3.5 miles.  It was amazing!!  I might be able to run on other Thursday afternoons.  I took it easy because it was our first jog stroller day, but I might be able to go farther next time.  I could do longer tempo runs on Thursday and get in this "more mileage" that Mark Miller speaks of.  It's all happening for old Betsy Sloan.

At home, I loaded us up all gross and sweaty to pick up my older son at nursery school.  At home, I cleaned and cooked and got in a Tracy Anderson abs workout.

Good for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment