Saturday, March 3, 2012

Saturday: Fifth Boston Training Run/ Pilates/ Yoga

I fully realize that I am behaving as if I am the only person in the world who has ever suffered from a bit of the sleep deprivation.  I know it, however, IT IS SO AWFUL.  I was in bed so early last night with all my things for my run laid out.  I had all my ducks in a row.  Clothes, food, drinks, alarm set, car backed in so I only had to pull out of the driveway.  Everything was ready to go.  All of it.

 Baby G woke up at 3:00 AM and wanted to party down.  He wriggled out of his swaddle, he ate enthusiastically, then looked at me with saucer eyes that said "You've gotta fight for your right to party".  AND HE DID.  Sometime after four, I crawled back in bed for some horrible nightmare sleep until my alarm went off.  It was like an ice pick to my temple when I heard the soothing harp sounds of my iphone alarm.  It was like a foghorn on the sinking HMS Titanic.

We had a cold front come through after all the terrible weather yesterday, so my car had a thin layer of ice and frost on top.  From my heap of possible clothing options on the bathroom floor, I chose my midweight tights, a long sleeve technical tee, and gloves, a ball cap and regular socks.  Overall, I was a bit under dressed.  I needed a vest or some such to keep me warmer while I ran.  It is not the coldest I have ever been on a run, but I was uncomfortable.

On the upside, I only had a 12 mile run this morning.  It was an easy out and back to Radnor Lake, and I fully enjoyed myself.  I over hydrated initially, so had to stop for a bathroom break and got dropped for the first half of the run.  Though, as I was so fatigued and blah and had nothing to contribute to conversationally to the other runners, this was not a terrible thing.

Had a chocolate mint gu at the halfway mark and hoofed it back to the car at a faster pace.

Now, the last time I ran the Radnor Lake run, I drilled it.  It was on a Saturday when I had had a full day off on Friday and I was very well fed.  I struggled with hunger today.  This makes me think that before any long run that I do from now on, I will not be doing anything cardio the day before.  I will plan on eating fully and well the day before, maybe take a pilates class and be ready to hoof it in the morning.

At home, I took the boys to the YMCA so that I could do some yoga and pilates. Pretty good day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment