Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Returning to my Regularly Scheduled Workouts

This guy ran the Boston Marathon in these.  Can you believe it?
So now that the marathon is two weeks over and I have taken two weeks off working out, I have returned to my regular workout schedule, and it is really not going well.  Swim was yesterday and I was only able to get in about 2500 yards before the nursery workers came chasing me down in the lap lane.  Baby G was inconsolable and just not have any more of the nursery.

As I may have said before, nursery policy is to stop what you are doing immediately and head down to pick up your child.  So, I had to drag myself down to the nursery dripping in my bathing suit and pick up all my children and tote everyone home.  My hair was a chlorine nightmare and my skin was absolutely scaly.

Today was more of the same.  I attempted to go for a run with the jog stroller and Baby G just would not have it.  Wailing commenced 0.5 miles into my four mile run and 0.75 miles found me pushing the jog stroller with one hand and holding Baby G in the other.  He was thrilled to be toted along.

I have to say it is all a bit wearing.  However, we will sync back up and get back into our schedule.  We did actually get to have a trip to the YMCA in the afternoon that went very well.  Everyone was happy and I was able to take a shower and shave both legs.  What a thrill!!

Anyway, tomorrow I am trying swim again.

No comments:

Post a Comment