Thursday, May 3, 2012

Thursday: An Update on My Workout Status

5 AM run face
While I greatly dislike waking up at 5AM, I have to admit that it is efficient AND it prevents me from running around all day like a full on slob.  Baby G is currently wide awake at 5 AM.  He eats and then looks at me with eyes like saucers as if to say, "what's next, mamasita?".  On Monday, I tried to stare Baby G down with my steely eyes, but he cared not at all.  On Tuesday, I watched two infomericals.  I am pretty sure that I NEED the WEN hair care system that would, FOR SURE, give me lucious Kardashian hair.  Also, the magic bullet seems to be completely necessary.  

After a full Tuesday morning of infomercials, I realized that this could not go on.  Baby G and I cannot just wake at 5:00 AM and stare at the tube like zombies.  SO, I threw him in the jog stroller on Wednesday morning and we had a very successful jog stroller run.  So this morning when the 5AM wake up call sounded, I popped G right into the jog stroller and got in a longer run.  It was great.  I was showered with my hair blown dry and my nose powdered before I ever took my oldest to nursery school. Thrilling. Normally on Thursday's, I run on the YMCA treadmill and just hope I get a shower sometime before bedtime.  

Swimming right now is going over like a lead balloon.  I swam 700 yards on Wednesday before Glenda the nursery matron came to tell me that Little G was not having it.  9:30 found me breast feeding in the locker room before trying to return Baby G to the nursery, where he was not accepted.  Apparently once you are ousted for a crying meltdown, you do not get to return.  I had to ride home in my bathing suit and pool hair, everyone's naps were messy and my early wake up made me irritable.  
Lately, however it does not seem like it takes too much to make me irritable.  


No comments:

Post a Comment