Friday, November 11, 2011

Introduction

While struggling through the last eternity of a most difficult year that resulted in the birth of my second child, I had the (rather dramatic in retrospect) thought that I would start a blog about how I was going to pull my life back together after many changes.  My vision was of me starting my blog in the hospital after giving birth to my child and forecasting everything that was going to change beginning with the first day of his life.  After he entered the world very easily, it seemed that beginning a blog in the hospital was the silliest yarn that had yet entered my head.  It is actually difficult to blog when a nurse is coming in to administer pain meds, another coming in to check you vitals, someone bringing you a baby to feed and visitors coming in and out at all hours.

My whole blog dream just did not resonate once the birth actually happened, and I have now had three weeks to mull over the situation.  During those three weeks, I have been under a deluge of sleeplessness, 3.5 year old adjustment to the fact that his newborn brother is here to stay, and cleaning terrible terrible maternity clothes out of my closet.  I am sort of getting my head above water now, and feel that the time has come to begin my blog.

Confession: I love myself a blog.  There is something deeply satisfying about chronicling my endeavors. I had a previous blog, decided that it was time for something slightly different, and here we are: my new blog, Bouncing Back.

When I say Bouncing Back, I am not bouncing back from the worst that life has to offer, but it was a formidable year in terms of sobering events.  I had a miscarriage which resulted in a hospital stay which resulted in my becoming pregnant again pretty quickly.  The second pregnancy came with a distinct intolerance of dairy, gluten and food dyes, which I will say rocked my world.  Then, the latter third of my pregnancy was rife with worrisome bleeding, a hospital stay, bed rest, and finally the easy entrance into the world of our Little G.

So, I am now on the other side of being pregnant for a year, very different eating habits, and a freedom from the deep worry that sinks into your soul when you just sit around worrying about your unborn child.  It is amazing how easy life suddenly seemed when Little G made it safely to the outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment