Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Tuesday: Little G is One Month Old

7.5 months pregnant, so not that much weight!!
So today my second child turned one month old and to commemorate the occasion, a woman at the grocery store told me she could not believe I was already expecting another child when I had a newborn.  I can only assume that she had been raised in a cave by wolves, and foolish foolish wolves.  This is actually the second time that this has happened since I gave birth, and for someone who only gained 15 pounds while pregnant, it seems quite untoward.

In terms of bouncing back, things did not go all that well today.  My oldest child is in nursery school on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  Since the birth of my second child, every day that I have had to take my older son to nursery school it has been raining.  This means herding a 3.5 year old through a puddled parking lot while balancing a baby carrier, a back pack and a lunchbox.  It is no small feat in sunny weather, but a violent downpour is ruinous.  The baby, myself, and my son were completely drenched by the time we arrived in the building.  I arrived at Bible study without having brushed my teeth. I sat in the back of the room breast feeding, before sprinting off to the grocery store where I was accosted by the aforementioned terrible woman who had clearly been raised by wolves and/or Voldemort.  It was less than pleasant.

At home, I had a visitor to see the baby and discuss birth announcements before I made a weeks worth of Glowing Green Smoothies, and sprinted off to pick up my son at nursery school to make it home in time for another visitor.

There was no workout today. I did not put on makeup, though I did manage to put deodorant on my nose so that it would not shine.  I ate too much sugar.  I drank too much coffee.  I licked the icing off of two cupcakes.  I should have the opportunity to work out tomorrow, and I think that I will focus on where I can cut sugar.  My sugar situation is getting out of control, and I am getting overwhelming cravings.  I think that when I am holed up in the kitchen licking the icing off of cupcakes, things are getting out of control.

I need to Kimberly Snyder myself.  AGAIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment