Saturday, August 18, 2012

Saturday Run: I Have Nothing To Talk About Outside My Children And Their Activities

This morning, our running group started at 6:30 and for the second week in a row ran the the hilliest hills in Nashville.  The Flying Monkey is approaching in November and it is run in Percy Warner Park.  SO HILLY!!  So we keep doing these rather fast paced 11 milers through the park.  While I have been glad to do whatever, I have to get down to business next weekend.  Next weekend marks 16 weeks out from my Rocket City Marathon in Huntsville.  I think, however, getting down to business really only means 13 miles next weekend.  The eleven miles went pretty well; fast in the beginning, and then I dropped back towards the end.

Overall though, I have to say that it was a great morning.  I went to bed at 8:30 slept like a champ and fed the baby before I left the house.  Once I put him back to sleep, I drank my glowing green smoothie and got a reasonable parking space once I arrived at the park.  We started running,  I think there were 6 of us, and I will be honest with you, I was a social let down.  Being sort of in the trenches right now with my kids, I will admit that my ability to hold a conversation out side of my current life experience was pretty pathetic.  I had nothing.  I did a lot of listening and then every once in a while, I would find myself rattling on about soccer practice or swim lessons or how not to curse in front of your children. I was not much of a thrill.

I need to read up on my current events and my sports teams and such.

No comments:

Post a Comment