Tuesday, August 21, 2012

A Great Reason to Write a Letter of Complaint

Arriving in 3 to 5 days!!!!
SO, I have to say, this is a pretty fabulous story.  Eight years ago, my brother was working at The Sunglasses Hut.  I was in graduate school and made the decision to buy my first pair of non-Target sunglasses.  With my brother's Sunglasses Hut discount, I bought a pair of sport Prada sunglasses for $149.00.  It was a massive expenditure for me.  For eight years, I babied those sunglasses.  I carried their case everywhere religiously.  I bought no other sunglasses.  I ran in them and went to the beach in them.  I used them for biking.  Over the last couple of years, the lenses have gotten a little scratched.

SO, like the squeaky wheel that I am, I wrote Luxottica, which owns the Prada sunglasses brand.  I told them how much I loved my sunglasses and how sad I was that the lenses had failed me EIGHT YEARS AFTER I PURCHASED THEM.  I asked Luxottica if they would please replace my lenses so that I could continue my love affair with my one luxury item.  Two weeks ago, I got a a letter from Luxottica saying that they could not fix my sunglasses, but that I could choose a new pair of sunglasses from amongst any of their other brands.  I could choose a new pair of Chanels, a new pair of Prada's, Tiffany sunglasses, or Bulgari.  What a thrill!!

I headed over to The Sunglasses Hut and tried on several pairs of glasses, though I pretty much knew what I was after.  I tried on a fabulous, huge pair of Chanels and decided that if I could get vouched a $400 pair of sunglasses, I clearly should AND I DID!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment