Tuesday, August 14, 2012

My Time Constraints


This will be me!!
This morning, after I had been up at 4:00 AM (unwillingly this morning, as opposed to yesterday) to breastfeed, then crawled back in bed until I woke up much too late feeling like I had been run over by a truck, and figuratively maybe I had,  it occurred to me that training for a marathon has the potential to be most unpleasant.  I am struggling to find the time to watch my DVD (it is only 30 minutes) about my Diastasis Recti.  How am I going to find the time for two more 70 minute runs per week.  Womp Womp.  I was pretty excited about it when I signed up.

Also, I have, I think, four new magazine subscriptions.  They were free, and I said "yes", but why?  So I can toss them, unread, into the recycle bin?  So I can trip over a pile of magazines and children's toys, as opposed to just children's toys.  I sometimes think that I am so resentful of my time constraints that I refuse to acknowledge them and keep piling more things on my plate and becoming more frustrated.  If I were in therapy, this is what I would ask the therapist to tell me.  BUT, and here is the rub, I don't have time for therapy.  So I just keep stoking the fires of resentment and having a cocktail at 4:00 PM.  Maybe its all the same anyway.

However, I did get to the outdoor pool at my gym for an hour swim.  A cold front blew through last weekend, and the pool was freezing.  FREEZING. I persevered with 2500 meters and am hoping to hit the pool again tomorrow.

Hopefully some discussion of my training plan tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment