Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Cold

Aaahhh, the sneezy day, the runny nose, the inability, nay refusal to quit.  Today there were many things to fit in: a run, a pilates class, Bible study, a trip to the bank, a trip to the grocery, and a trip to REI to investigate bike gloves.  I had the hours from 9:15 to 2:15 to get it all done, and as per usual, it did not go down as planned.  Though I had packed everything the night before and packed the car for nursery school so as to minimize any wasted morning time, it did not work out in my favor.  I somehow managed to leave the baby's lunch in the fridge, and I missed Bible study while I was sprint driving back to the house and then back to nursery school to get the forgotten lunch.

I got my run in, though it was slow and cold medicine laden, then I sprinted off to meet friends at a pilates class.  I did make it to the grocery store and the bank, but a brief conversation in the parking lot with other pilates class members cost me my trip to REI.  Now, I could have not tried to cram so much into the precious amount of time allotted me while my children are in nursery school, BUT that is the disease of having children in nursery school.  There is no other time where you can drive about without someone wailing away in the back seat, without having to unstrap everyone out of their carseats which makes the small errand take hours, or without having to fill sippy cups and snack bags for even the briefest of car trips.

It sounds silly, but the joy of dropping everyone off merrily at nursery school and having five hours where errands can be ran and happiness can be had is exhilarating.  I wish myself more luck on Thursday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment