Friday, September 7, 2012

Friday: On Target

So on Thursday and Friday, I have been on my mark.  I could not bike on Thursday morning because the roads were rain slick.  I did however get in my speed work on the treadmill at the YMCA.  Speed workout as follows:

2 mile warm up
4 x 1600 meter repeats
400 meter jog in between each mile
mile cool down

I did the first 1600 meter run in 7:00 minutes, the second in 6 minutes and 40 seconds, the third was in 6.5 minutes and the last was in 6:45.   I was pretty proud of myself for doing it on my own and my legs were fresh since I didn't bike in the morning.  Post run, I took a great pilates reformer class.

I actually joined the YMCA based on the reformer pilates program there.  They have around 10 reformers and really good instruction.  THEN, I learned that I had split my transverse muscle and I had to stop all ab work and that included pilates.  It was a big bummer, but I am proud to say that my diastasis split has healed from a four finger split to a 1.5 finger split.  It is pretty exciting.  SO, I carefully took a pilates class yesterday that was pretty awesome.  I did have to wear a splint around my waist to make sure that my transverse muscle was supported and prevented from opening wider.  The reformer gave some great stretches and inner thigh work, and I hope I can incorporate it more often.

This morning, since I missed my bike ride yesterday, I was on the bike at 5:30 and I actually didn't ride that well.  I realized when I got home that I have not been charting my riding each week and now that I have time to sit down and check into things, I cannot get the Garmin to sync with my new computer.  I think it is pretty normal to talk to Garmin tech support regularly, and it is certainly what happens with me on a regular basis.  At some point next week, I will be haranguing some poor Garmin technician about my Garmin.  I sometimes wonder if the Garmin techs would like to say to me, "You know, Bets, you aren't Lance Armstrong, so let's give it a rest."  They have always been just ridiculously kind.

Anyway, I also went to swim today, where I swam a about a mile and kicked about a mile.  It was great.  14 mile run tomorrow.   Hoping the best for the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment