Sunday, September 16, 2012

Sunday

My intentions today were to make up for my missed Friday swim with a Sunday swim.  However, as per usual, things got a little dicey and I had to sacrifice my workout for a grocery store run.  AND, I will say that I didn't really fight for it.  We went to church this morning and my husband intimated that he had other plans outside of my workout, we needed milk and all of the sudden, it was 5:00 PM and the gym was closing and who cares.  

I was running with someone this weekend, who made the important point that "we aren't getting paid for this, this is just a hobby".  Those words rang true.  It was the truth.  Some days, child care and other people's plans trump my situation.  

That said, I am really hoping that my bike ride works out tomorrow.  It sort of fell apart last Thursday, and what I find is that something falls apart at least a couple of times a week.  I can't be that person trying to make up all of my missed workouts.  AS a general rule, I have 9-ish workouts a week, not counting any strength training or yoga that I do.  It's a lot.  If something falls  by the wayside, I can't get too worked up about it.  I am getting in all my runs, so "yay, for me".  Also, I can't help but feel great about getting in such a fabulous run yesterday.  It made me feel like this marathon business might work out OK!!


No comments:

Post a Comment