Sunday, September 9, 2012

Off the Track

I love it when I say that I am "on target" and then I just blow off the track.  I had a long run scheduled for Saturday, but there was talk of storms and a few people responded to our group run email that they would be there as long as there was no lightning.  Whatever.  It is always bad when someone hints that the weather might not be great and there is the possibility, however slight, that some people might not show up.  What I have learned about myself, is that I lead the no show parade whenever there is a given out.  When my alarm went off for the run, I fed the baby and heard a few rumblings of something that could have been thunder or could have been a trash truck.  It could have been anything, and I called it quits.  I texted that I was staying home. I then crawled back in bed and slumbered fitfully until 7:00 when my four year old leapt joyously into the bed to show me a lost toy that he had found (long lost "sleep sheep").  I had some coffee, went on a very short run, took a pilates class and struggled with guilt the rest of the weekend.

I ran a midling run today, and with a bad run last weekend and virtually no run this weekend, my confidence is officially shaken.  It is a bummer, and I have done it to myself.  I coped by eating, LITERALLY, 1000 oatmeal cookies at my parents' house while I sat on the couch.  And I will just be honest with you, do not expect any sympathy from your parents when you start whining about how guilty you feel for missing your 17 mile run.  They will only look at you like you have two heads, my friends.  I will have to complain to another crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment