Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Foiled!!

It seems that the day after I try to go out to dinner with friends never goes quite smoothly.  Sometime I think it is that the kids know that dad is alone in the house and so the show doesn't run quite as smoothly as when I am cracking the whip.  Maybe it is because I am out a bit later, so get in bed a bit later am just not quite as well rested as I like to be.  Realistically, however, it is that my life is moving so fast that making time for dinner with friends right now is just one toke over the line for my life right now.  When I slide dinner with friends into the mix,  something else hits the fan in a big way.

Anyway, today did not go terribly, but I was snappish and my four year old had cereal for dinner.  Whatevs.

We all managed to make it to my swim class, where I got in a decent workout.  My swimmers ear healed up, but I am now stuck swimming with purple ear plugs in my ears that make me look like Frankenstein.  This is, however, better than one of my eardrums exploding because I have dirty pool water stuck in my petite ear canals.

After my swim class, my son had a swim lesson and then we all hurtled home for lunch, naps, dinner preparation, housekeeping, and soccer preparation.  I will admit that I was able to sneak into my bed while the children were napping and get in a nap myself.  It was lovely and it made me feel better about my life in general.

In the afternoon, we went to soccer clinic where my son began learning the basics of the game of soccer.  After dinner and strong arming everyone into bed, I sat down to work on my transverse muscle.  I have lamented my split transverse muscle for months and it is actually closing up and my mummy tummy seems to be on the mend.

Bike ride cancelled for tomorrow as the rain will make the roads treacherous.

No comments:

Post a Comment