Monday, September 10, 2012

Granola


Fabulous Raw Granola


Raw Granola
Servings: 
 about 8
Well guess who got creative in the kitchen........ me! I combined a few recipes to come up with some very yummy, easy, Raw Granola:)~ This is my favorite Raw concoction. I played with it for awhile and the final product is crisp, crunchy and super yummy! It requires a little bit of prep before hand but you'll be glad you waited because it's delicious! I soaked then dehydrated all of my nuts before I combined the mixture. This required it to be in the dehydrator for less time for the final product.
Ingredients
Dry Ingredients:
1/2 cup sunflower seeds, soaked, drained and dried
3 cups of almonds, walnuts and pumpkin seeds or a mix of all to equal 3 cups, soaked, drained and dried
2/3 cup quaker oatmeal
1/2 cup raisins, currants, and chocolate chips
Binding Ingredients:
1/3 cup plus 1 Tbsp. Agave Nectar
3 Tbsp. coconut oil warmed to liquid in warm water or in the sun
1 tsp. natural vanilla extract
3/4 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
Preparation: 
Pulse the sunflower seeds, and almonds, walnuts or pecans 10 times in food processor fitted with the "s" blade. Add the buckwheat groats, coconut, and all of the binding ingredients then pulse just until it comes together. If you like it chunkier, pulse the dry ingredients then transfer to a bowl and stir in the binding ingredients.
Spread in a thin layer on a cookie sheet and place in the oven at 200 degrees for four or more hours until crisp like granola!

So delicious.  I think if I made it again, I could make in completely raw.  

No comments:

Post a Comment