Friday, January 20, 2012

Friday: Swim

I sort of knew what sort of day it was going to be when I looked in my gym bag after swim and realized that instead of a shirt, I had packed some of my husband's dress socks.  It was rather depressing and indicative of my state of mind as I rangle two kids out the door with only one cup of coffee in me.  At least I remembered a bra and breast pads or things could have been quite a bit worse.  

I was late to swim, because, amongst other things, Baby G was up three times during the night, I overslept, and then someone needed his pants ironed.  I will just level with you and tell you that my coffee seems weaker and weaker or do I just need it stronger and stronger? I can't add any more caffeine to my mix, so maybe I just need more help or to fast forward a couple of years.  And, sometimes when I go to bed at night, I fear that the overflowing laundry in the laundry basket is going to turn into a monster and eat us all.  It looks just that terrifying.  

At swim, I really was only able to swim about 2500 meters.  Lateness kills in any workout, and I felt sort of defeated that I did not get in my 3200 meters.  


Tomorrow, I am ideally running 13 miles.  I am meeting at 7:00 AM, and assuming that Baby G sleeps an untroubled night, I will get in my first training run for Boston.  





No comments:

Post a Comment