Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sunday: Swim

Last night Baby G slept from 8:00 PM until 7:00 AM.  It was quite exciting, except that as per usual in the world of breast feeding my boobs woke me up at 5:30 AM.  SO, I dragged myself from bed, hooked myself up to the trusty Medella, and pumped milk, then stored it in the fridge, then cleaned and rinsed the pump, and dragged myself back to bed just in time to sleep for 10 more minutes, before Baby G woke up.  At this point, I fed the baby and had deranged thoughts of going back to bed, but then my older son woke up with a sore throat and cough, and there was really nothing more to do but start up the coffee maker start my day.

It really was not all that bad, and I was finally able to settle everyone down and waste all sorts of time in front of the internet.  It was a nice morning, and I generally accomplished many household chores before heading out to swim.  

Swim was mixed lanes and about 2700 meters of long course or 2952 yards.  We switched lanes about every 1000 meters.  SO,
First Lane: left paddle and left fin worn while sprint swimming the 1000ish meters
Second Lane: swim 1000ish with bands on legs so pulling hard
Third Lane: swim with fins with the kick board in four different positions

Fingers crossed for a good night's sleep tonight and swim tomorrow!!


No comments:

Post a Comment