Saturday, January 21, 2012

Saturday: Run and Yoga/Pilates Fusion

Look at me traveling, baby free!!
Now approximately 5 weeks ago, I staggered out of bed at 3:00 AM to the cries of Little G, and I picked him up, nursed him, rocked him.  Then, I put him over my shoulder to burp him, as you do with an infant, and he immediately projectile spit up over my shoulder and down the back of the inside of my bathrobe and completely filled up the back of my underwear like a water balloon.  It was rugged.  All I wanted to do was get back in bed.  Instead, I had to balance a baby in one hand while I held a hand full of baby wipes in the other hand and did a shoddy cleaning job on parts of myself that I prefer not to address at 3:00 AM, which is the awfullest time of day.

I did such a shoddy job in fact, that the morning found lots of crustiness, and I honestly did not even remember getting back into my bed.  I did not remember getting back into bed because there were two other wake ups following the 3:00 AM wake up, and it was so awful.  It was just so awful, and I still had to drag out of bed at 7:00 AM.  That was five short weeks ago, and it already seems like 5 years.

Last night, Little G slept from 8:00 PM until 5:45 AM, and it was heaven.  I fed G at 5:45, he went right back to sleep, and then I got ready for my run, had a lovely breakfast and brewed myself some tea.  I arrived to meet my running group in a timely fashion and had a lovely, albeit cold, run.

I ran 13 miles before driving home and nursing again and then taking my older son to the YMCA so that he could play, and I could take a Yoga/Pilates fusion class.  It was great stretching and some reasonable ab work.  After Yoga/Pilates fusion, I took my older son swimming in the indoor pool.  It was fun times.  A lovely Saturday, that makes me think my life might return to normal, someday.

For dinner, I had a massive salmon salad and sweet potato fries.

No comments:

Post a Comment