Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tuesday: A Lost Day and Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Banana Almond Butter Pancakes

So I had a hunch that things were not going to run all that smoothly today when my three year old woke us up crying that his throat hurt at midnight last night.  We gave him a cough drop and popped him into bed with us hopefully, but I feared that today would be a day of milling about the house, boredom, long naps and frustration.

It was indeed a day of milling about and trying to keep the house reasonably clean as my three year old went through feeling really great when his medicine was kicked in to becoming frustrating and peevish when the medicine wore off.  It was a bummer.  I sort of intended to ride the trainer at home and maybe get in an abs workout, but I did neither thing.  It is really OK, as I have not had much of a day off in three weeks.  It was fine to lounge about and do nothing.

My eating habits fell off the wagon a bit, as my son and I made pancakes for lunch.  To entice him to eat, I mixed together queso and black beans.  I then managed to eat most of his dinner.  Then, I meant to have my healthier dinner option later, but instead dumped some chocolate chips into a bag of trail mix and ate that for dessert.  It is really pretty sad and my nutrition icon, Kimberly Snyder would most certainly be disappointed.

My Chocolate Chip Banana Almond Butter Pancakes are as follows:


  • 1 cup sorghum flour
  • 1/4 cup coconut flour
  • 4 tbsp  granulated sugar
  • 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • about 1 1/2 almond milk
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1 medium sized banana- thinly sliced and a bit mashed
  • 1/2 bag milk chocolate chips
  • butter or coconut oil for greasing the frying pan

Toss all ingredients into your Kitchenaid, mix and then cook in frying pan.  Fabulous!!


Might swim tomorrow if everyone is well!!  Please everyone be well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment