Friday, February 3, 2012

Friday: Swim and Tracy Anderson

Oh I so did not go to 5 AM swim this morning.  The baby coughed a bit, then was up at 2:00 AM and when I got back in bed at 3:00 AM, the thought of getting up one hour later to go to swim was just ridiculous.  RIDICULOUS.  I feel that I will try again next week.  I do have a three month old, and I will have to make some concessions.

Last night, I sort of had in my head that the baby would sleep through the night, I would swim early and arrive home before anyone woke up, then I would drink a hefty amount of coffee, and THEN I would leisurely load the kids up at 10:00 AM.  We would amble over to the YMCA, and I would take a pilates class and a yoga class.  Like I said, this may indeed happen next week, just not today.

Instead of 5 AM swim, I loaded everyone up for the swim nursery at 8:30 AM swim.  It was pretty great, as my three year old was thrilled to be there and my 3 month old just slept the entire time.  It was a real swim nursery luxury.  I got in 3100 yards, and had a great swim.  We stopped on the way home to let my older son play on a playground.

I got in some intense Tracy Anderson ab work during nap time and then cleaned out my closet and put a few things up for sale on ebay.  It was a pretty leisurely Friday.  Nothing ambitious.

I spent an inordinate amount of time griping about my post pregnancy stomach with my sister, looked hopelessly at summer bathing suits, and had a full on confrontation with a tub of Nutella.

We had had a tub of Nutella in the house that I "bought for my son" for about a week.  I told myself that I bought it to spread on his whole wheat toast to encourage him to eat a fuller breakfast.  This was a pretty serious lie to tell myself however.  I truly bought the Nutella for me and have been having a spoonful or so, every once in a while for the whole week.  Today, I broke down and dumped a couple of spoonfuls into my smoothie and at 4:00 PM, I just got out a spoon and finished off the whole thing.  I was vanquished by a jar of sugared chocolate.

What did I expect?  If I do not have the self discipline to get to swim for the early practice, why did I think I could withstand the supernatural powers of a jar of Nutella and why did I then further punish myself by looking at swimsuits online.  It is a sick spiral of sadness, and I have to stop it for the love of Mike.

2 comments:

  1. I need your work out ethic. I read a few of your posts and my own body hurts. Keep up the hard work and keep inspiring those who wish to be as healthy as you!

    Nashville Health Insurance

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are great to say that!! Pulling it off seems harder all the time.

      Delete