Monday, February 20, 2012

Monday: Day Off

This morning, I was up a bit late as I was up late watching the thrilling conclusion of Downton Abbey Season II.  If you are unfamiliar with Downton Abbey, I cannot explain it to you.  It is phenomenal, and you need to research it and catch up.  Because of being up late, I slept in a bit later and missed my chance to run this morning.

However, I have a running checkerboard going and this is what it is: I am trying to take a full day off in between my runs.  For instance, I ran on Saturday, so I swam on Sunday to allow myself to recover.  Since I have a speed track workout on Tuesday morning, I did not need to run today.  I will run fast tomorrow and then swim on Wednesday.  I feel that my body needs to be fully rested from running when I am going into the running workout, and that I then to have a day off from running after the run to recover.  I am determined not to get injured since I have a non-refundable plane ticket to Boston and a non-refundable hotel room AND a non-refundable limousine bus to the staring line in Hopkinton.  Getting hurt in not an option.


I knew that today was most likely going to be a day off of working out, as I was working my first double since Little G was born.  It was a full day.  I toted my pump to work, worked through one testing session, pumped in the bathroom while I returned phone calls and then worked through my next testing session.  I was a working mom, just living the life and having it all.

I picked up a salad on the way home, popped everyone in the car for swim team practice and hauled it home to a dinner of left overs.  Getting in bed early.

No comments:

Post a Comment