Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Tuesday: Speed Sessions

Glowing Green Smoothie, XL Green Tea, Vitamins!!





In the car to head home at 7:02

It clearly takes some sort of cataclysmic noise to wake me from slumber when my body wants to sleep.  Last night, I set my alarm for 5:15 AM and once again, the alarm woke my husband and my son before it woke me.  I am not sure what else to do.  It is like my bedwetting bell and pad all over again.  If I sleep with my iphone headphones in and set the alarm at top volume will it only resonate in my ears and not jerk the rest of the house from their sleep?  I need to figure that out, because this was the second week that everyone else has woken up before me, and that I have been late to speed sessions.  It is as if my body refuses to acknowledge life before 6:00 AM.

So anyway, I rolled into speed sessions late and was only able to get in one measly warm up lap.  The workout was as follows:
  • 1200 meter warm up
  • 6 x 800 meters @ 3:10
  • 400 meter jog in between each 800
  • cool-down jog to my car
Now as usual at speed sessions, I have befriend a hapless runner.  This is my usual pattern: Befriend unsuspecting runner, trick him or her with a great display of my winning personality and artful social skills to pace me so that I do not run too fast or too slow, refuse to acknowledge it when this person tries to shake me.  I will not be shaken.  I need a pace car.  

This season I have befriend the ever-so-pleasant Daniel, and I am running when he runs, slowing when he slows and speeding when he speeds.  His interval is slightly faster than mine, so he is encouraging my speed.

Great Bible study, where I found I was behind when I thought I was caught up on our lessons.  BUT, received Tim Keller's new marriage book.  AM thrilled!!!  Love affair with Tim Keller's wisdom!!


No comments:

Post a Comment