Saturday, February 18, 2012


Glowing Green Smoothie in Hand

confusion about proper amount of clothing

it looks cold, right??

Still No Shower, but I am finished with my run!!


I was on the ball last night.  In bed at 9:00 PM, asleep by 9:30ish.  I defrosted my Glowing Green Smoothie, I had EVERYTHING laid out: green tea, clothes, glowing green smoothie, vitamins, gu, all of it.

My alarm went off at 6:00 AM, I pumped 8 ounces of milk and set it out for my husband to feed the baby.  Then, I got dressed in my lululemon run back on track tights, a singlet, long sleeve t-shirt, vest and neon vest for morning visibility.  It was actually not that cold and I was WAY overdressed, but I will get to that later.  My new lululemon investments are rather life changing.  The tights are so great looking, stay in place and have pockets for all my supplies.

Anyway, today we were due a 13 mile run, though I only had time for 12ish as I had to race back home to get my son to a swimming lesson.  I started out rather slow and ramped it up for a pretty successful run if I do say so myself.  I felt great and rested and it was my perfect running weather.

Also, even though I am loathe to take a day off and I have no desire to take Friday's off, it might behoove me to do so.  I cannot help but connect a fabulous and fast run today to my day off yesterday.  My body was rested.  I know this, but it is so terrible to take a day off.  I am going to have to talk to Mark Miller about it.  That is all there is to it.  Mark Miller will tell me what to do, and he will be right, and I will do what he says and that is my only option.  Mark Miller is right about all things racing.

I mean, check out my details.  I was hauling some seriously fast miles today.  If that is what a day off does for me, then I have to take a day off.  I hate a day off.  The only problem with today was that I was so overdressed and by the time we hit our rest stop, I was sweltering.  In the bathroom, I was limited on my clothing change options.  I was able to take off my long sleeved t-shirt, and run sleeveless in my singlet and vest, but my vest chaffed my armpits without the long sleeve t-shirt and now I have some serious chafing under my arms.


At home, I hit the house like a torpedo and put makeup on OVER my sweaty workout face and switched out my running lululemon tights for the lululemon wunder under tights.  They are fabulous, and I LIVE in them.  I loaded kids into the car and hit the road for Swim America.  Ivan took his lesson, I hit Starbucks on the way home. I took my first shower since Wednesday morning. THEN,  I got the baby down for a nap and devoted myself to recovery yoga.

I am having a love affair with you tube yoga. I did this yoga practice today, and I feel really stretched out and the instructor was very visible and gave good form instruction.  Like I have said previously, I am three months out from a baby and I need to take care of my body as I am ramping up my mileage and my speed significantly.  If I cannot get to a class, it is such a gift to have the you tubes at my disposal.

Having a glass of wine and then getting into bed with my biography of Queen Elizabeth II.  Stay calm and carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment