Monday, February 6, 2012

Monday: Swim and Tracy Anderson


Swim Workout
Swim Gear and Snacks
SO, I was only up once last night to feed the baby and I still sort of felt like I had been hit by a truck when I dragged myself out of bed.  I think a night like Saturday night, when everyone wakes up at odd hours and then I cannot go back to sleep, just stays with you.  Though I received all the necessary sleep last night, I was just puffy eyed and tired today.  I think it is just the I have a new baby, and I am trying to do way too much disease from which I suffer.

Regardless of my evening, I still made it to swim on time.  Baby G however, refused to go to sleep as is his usual M.O. in the car and was wide awake and irritable when we arrived at the gym.  Also, I committed the GRAVE error of forgetting Sleep Sheep.  Sleep Sheep is our constant companion.  It is this stuffed sheep with velcro on his head that you attach to the baby carrier and he emits this earsplitting white noise.  It is integral for getting Baby G to sleep.  If he has Sleep Sheep, he will sleep upwards of two or three hours.  Without Sleep Sheep, it is a dicey game.  Today, I lost the game.

While I got to swim on time, I spent 20 minutes in the locker room breast feeding in my bathing suit.  Then the baby was awake the whole time, missed morning nap and condemned me to a day of wonky baby scheduling.

AND, when I got into the pool, I was hopelessly behind on the workout and just got in and swam a straight 500 in an effort to get in some decent yardage before joining the rest of the class.  I ended up getting in quite a bit of the workout and ended at about 3000 yards.  At home, I did a bit of Tracy Anderson, cooked breakfast (oatmeal bake), dinner (white bean chicken chili) and my glowing green smoothies for the week.

Tomorrow, I am starting my speed sessions, and I am just hoping to goodness that I can manage to drag myself out of bed and arrive at the track and then back at home on time.  I hope it all works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment