Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Monday: Swim


Bitterness and Woe

Post Glowing Green Smoothie Breakfast

Coffee

Round 2!
Ooooh, today felt like a disaster from the get go.  I was up in the middle of the night with the baby, my older son woke up at 5:00 AM and turned on all the lights in the house.  He woke up the baby and it started a seriously sad course of events.

Then I got a call that my regular pool was closed, so no lap swimming.  I took a breath, gulped some coffee, and loaded us up with the intention of heading to the YMCA so that I could swim there.  Oh, but then, I got a text from my swim coach.  My regular pool had opened at the last minute and so we changed our course to head to the usual pool.

At home, I repeatedly tried to get the baby down for a morning nap (and failed) and I think my older son ate cheese puffs for breakfast.  The baby also refused to nap in the car and then the baby refused to nap in the gym nursery.  SO, instead of swimming, I found myself in the locker room breast feeding in my bathing suit.  Then, I pushed Little G in the stroller for 20 minutes until he fell asleep.

Then I was able to hit the pool. I swam 2500 meters as fast as I could and sprinted home to force everyone down for a nap, so that I could catch my breath before little swim team.

In bed early for track practice tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment