Saturday, February 11, 2012

Saturday: Fourth Boston Training Run




SO, I have not blogged since Tuesday.  Where did the time go?  Wednesday was pretty lovely, I had a great swim, longer than usual at 3600 yards, and I managed to get my older son to his Swim Class on time.

On Thursday, things got dicey.  I tried to get up early to run at the gym around the corner like last Thursday when I was fabulous.  I got up, and the other members of my household launched a full on "don't leave the house" attack.  My husband was worried about me getting back to the house in time for him to get ready for work, my oldest son woke up crying and my youngest began to squirm about.  It all ended in me hitting the YMCA, taking a yoga class and then sprinting three miles on the treadmill, forgetting to take clean clothes to change into and not realizing it until after I had showered.  For this reason, I shopped frantically at the Publix with clean hair and gross sweaty clothes from my treadmill run.  For dinner, I had a date with my fabulous friends for a grownup dinner and it was uber-fun.  I had a salad and a glass of wine and wore fancy shoes.  It was heaven.

On Friday, I had all my ducks in a row for early swim and when I got my bathing suit on, the baby woke up, then my older son woke up, the baby went back to sleep and at 10:00 AM I was still in my bathing suit and I NEVER WENT SWIMMING.  It was the WORST.  It was a grumpy day.

BUT TODAY, in temperatures that were in the teens, I ran 22 miserable miles.  It snowed horizontally into driving wind.  I had on four layers AND new insulated tights.  I never got warm and my fingers are cold, dry and achy even now.  The best I can say about this run is that it is over.  I ran so slowly and every mile just felt brutal.  Normally, under such wintery circumstances, I would have called it quits early.  This particular run was a full out and back, however. I ran from one end of town to the other and there was no way to cut it off early.  By the time I was 11 miles out, there was nothing to do but run 11 miles back.  Maybe next week will be better.

Getting in bed early!!

No comments:

Post a Comment