Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Wednesday: Swim

Workout!!!
This morning, I was up early to the sound of some serious rain.  OH, when it is raining outside it is so tempting to throw in the towel and make us all stay home.  Schlepping children in and out of the car in the rain is on my list of awful tasks, second only to cleaning up when our cat vomits.  I would prefer to change dirty diapers, honestly.

Anyway, I learned a valuable lesson last Friday when we were all trapped at the house, and I knew that it was integral that we head for swim class.  So, we all loaded into the car, traffic was rainy day terrible, and dragged ourselves to the gym.  I was only fifteen minutes late, and I actually got through the entire workout.  It was a hard workout, but I made all my intervals and was inordinately pleased that I had made it.

However, as I was swimming my last lap, the dreaded day that I KNEW was coming arrived.  Nursery Worker Glenda arrived at the end of my lap lane during cool down and signaled to me that Little G was inconsolable in the nursery.  The rule is: When Glenda says that your child is inconsolable in the nursery you stop what you are doing immediately and do the walk of shame in your wet bathing suit, past all the senior citizens doing water aerobics and onward past the treadmills full of people with grown or contented children and claim your child.  That is the rule.

SO, in a bathing suit, towel and flip flops, with my hair dripping a puddle on the nursery floor, I claimed my infant.  He was indeed inconsolable and there was nothing to do but betake our selves to the locker room and breast feed and breast feed and breast feed.  The big time bummer is that I had to sit in my pool filth and was then unable to shower and had to ride home in it.  I could feel my skin drying out like leather and my hair (newly cut and colored last night!!!!!!) crunching up with frizz and damage.  Even now, I have chlorine burn on my face and am going to have to take my makeup off with jojoba oil.

I did not get to shower until I arrived home where I reschlepped everyone into the house in the rain. Womp Womp.


Hopefully run tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment