Thursday, February 16, 2012

Thursday: Run and Reformer Pilates and Breast Feeding Drama

Brzezinski
I went to bed last night with the intention of getting up early and running and then coming back and getting my ducks in a row for the day.  I went to bed feeling rather under the weather and it just seemed like I should not push my luck as I am terrified of being sick at home with two children.  SO,  I had a rather uneventful morning, drinking coffee and trolling about about on Ebay while encouraging my three year old to eat breakfast and breast feeding my infant.  I spent a goodly bit of time on the phone with Garmin, griping about my 310xt and downloading new software and making sure it all works together.  

Also, I am loving the new morning show on CBS with Charlie Rose, because confession: I LOVE CHARLIE ROSE.  If you want to see someone get maybe the only pleasant and thoughtful interview ever gotten from Hunter S Thompson, look up Charlie Rose.  In my opinion, Charlie Rose is one of the last gentleman left in the new media.  He makes Matt Lauer look like a low-class hack, and I don't hate Matt Lauer.  For a morning show, the new CBS formula is pretty great and I think Charlie Rose talks to great people.  This morning, for instance Zbigniew Brzezinski was on the show.  He was Jimmy Carter's national security advisor and spoke about how American ignorance of national issues and stagnation are allowing other nations to rise at a faster rate than ourselves.  I feel I need to read his book Strategic Vision, and I might!! Thank you, Charlie Rose for making me smarter in the morning.  

Anyway, on to the rest of my day.  I dropped my older son at nursery school only to find out that we had forgotten dog and blankets, and I had to postpone my trip to the gym to go home to retrieve them by nap time.  After dog and blanket drop off, I hit the gym and took a pilates reformer class. After the reformer class, I walked past the gym nursery to see Little G, my three month old, wailing away in the arms of the competent nursery worker, Monica.  SO, I popped in and breast fed him for a bit before being frantically stopped by another nursery worker who explained I was breast feeding directly into the security cameras.  

I had three responses to this statement:

a) like I care
b) why do you position a rocking chair for breast feeding mothers directly in front of a camera
c) stop talking to me, just leave me in peace and if everyone wants to watch like I am an exhibit at a museum or a monkey at the zoo, I don't care as long as you stop talking to me.  

Anyway, post breast feeding, I was able to run a moderately fast three miles on the treadmill.  I did not have time to shower, so I had to drive home in a puddle of my own sweat.  I thieved a towel from the YMCA and thought of the dream day when I could go to the YMCA by myself and take a pilates class, run AND shower.  One day I am going to go to the YMCA and just stay all day because I can.

Maybe early swim tomorrow.  We shall see!!


No comments:

Post a Comment