Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Tuesday: Speed Sessions and Pilates

Is it really only Tuesday?  Monday alone felt like a solid week.  What I neglected to inform you of on Monday was that we had a rather significant issue while my older son was at swim team in the afternoon.  After drinking an enormous quantity of juice in the car, my older son continually had to go to the restroom. After taking him to the bathroom at the pool while dragging the stroller and all of our swim gear to the bathroom multiple times, I made the TERRIBLE mistake of telling him that he could just pee in the pool.  It was an egregious error on my part, and I know this.  But, trying to drag two children with multiple gear and a stroller to a pool bathroom, opening doors, helping with pulling up and down, quieting the baby, herding the elder is most unfortunate.

ANYWAY, after hauling us back and forth to the bathroom several times, I just made the mistake of telling my son that he could pee in the pool.  He looked at me like I had handed him a winning lottery ticket, and I was not really sure why, but he did.  Approximately 20 minutes later, I understood the source of his glee.  He was sitting on the side of the pool, completely exposed, peeing in an arc into the pool as he sat beside his swim team compatriots.  His coach had to dodge to miss the stream.  I was mortified, and then I had to stop myself from laughing, and then I was trying so hard to stop myself from laughing that I began laughing hysterically like you do when you really shouldn't.  Other than the pool urination, swim team is going really well.

Last night, after settling everyone in bed and thinking about my track workout, it occurred to me that track practice could end up being cancelled, as it was snowing when I went to bed.  Upon crawling out of bed at 5:15 AM, and hoping that the weather would be terrible and I could sleep in; of course it was not.  SO, I dragged myself off to the track for a four mile interval workout with a mile warm up and jog to the car cool down.

I ran each mile on a seven minute interval and chastised myself for not getting there earlier for a better warm-up.  Now, I have ramped up my mileage and speed considerably in preparation for the Boston Marathon, which is a recipe for injury.  I had a baby three months ago, and I have had to make myself a promise that I will take care of my body as well as I can.  This means a copious amount of yoga and stretching and core strengthening and a day off in between every run in an effort to keep myself healthy.
SO, I made a pilates appointment and betook myself to the YMCA.  Right now, it feels as if I am living only to breast feed, work out and work and iron and do the laundry.  Actually, it feels like I am living to do a whole lot of things when I really think about it.

Anyway, it was Valentine's Day and I have eaten my weight in chocolate and trimmed a lovely dozen roses to put in a vase.  I had a little drama at nursery school this morning, but have no time to tell you about it now as I just realized that I had to do some ironing.  IRONING!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment