Friday, February 24, 2012

Thursday and Friday: Run, Swim and I Have totally Left My Abs in the Lurch This Week

This is me all the time right now.  Yawning!!
Have I spoken of the betrayal that I feel when Little G (the most fabulous of all four month olds) throws a curve ball into his sleep through the night routine.  Bless it.  We have been sleeping 7:00 PM to 7:00 AM for a good two weeks and now Little G is ready to party at 6:00 AM and I want that extra hour.  In fact, on Wednesday night I was betrayed to the extent that Little G woke up hungry at 11:30 PM and then was up for the day at 6:00 AM.  What gives G?

Anyway, second verse same as the first this morning.  Little G was up before Charlie Rose hit the big screen at 7:00.  You know with a full night's sleep, I am downright pretty and these piecemealed nights of sleep make me look like something Tim Burton would conjur up.

Needless to say, all this no sleeping is defeating my early morning workouts.  On Thursday morning, I slept in due to night wakefulness, then sprinted my older son to nursery school and my younger son for a checkup and shots.  I was able to get to the YMCA for a run on the treadmill, but not enough time to take the pilates class.  I actually need to go ahead and get the jog stroller cranking.  I have been reluctant to use it, but the weather will be getting warmer soon and I can run from home which will leave more time for pilates and yoga on days that I do not have to work or be involved in on of my children's something or other.

Today, after another slightly off sleep night, myself and two kids schlepped it to the gym in quickly falling temperatures.  Everyone was happy in the gym nursery and I had a nice, albeit hot swim.  My usual pool, which has temperatures of around 78 degrees, was closed for maintenance today.  SO, I swam at the indoor pool at the YMCA which is at least 85 degrees.  It is so miserably hot.  I really only swam about 2000 yards as I am running long tomorrow.

I have ignored my abs all week.  I have done no ab work at home and attended no pilates or yoga classes.  Bleh.  Hopefully, will hit the YMCA for pilates tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment