Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sunday: Swim

Post swim!!
You know, after having a rather long run like yesterday, my only goal by the end of the day is to sit on the couch and eat take out and get a good night's sleep.  I do not feel that it is a lot to ask for under the circumstances, BUT through no fault of anyone but me, I did not get my good night's sleep.  I woke up at exactly 1:22 AM, according to the kitchen clock, suffering from acute starvation and I was too hot.

After shuffling to the kitchen and eating a pan of homemade lara bars, I was still wakeful and I laid in bed with a headlamp reading my biography of Queen Elizabeth II.  I am coming to admire her more and more and feeling that we have some things in common.  Namely our allegiance to duty and our sometime resentment of it.  

After reading two chapters about the '50's, including Prince Charles aversion to his boarding schools, the Queen's tour of America and the birth of Prince Andrew.  It is all very exciting.  I was enthralled until much to much earlier in the morning and I was not well rested by the time the baby stirred and needed to be fed.

It snowed all morning, and we were all sort of trapped at the house staring at each other.  In the afternoon, though swim class was cancelled, I was able to pop over to the gym around the corner and swim 3000 yards. Workout as follows:


  • 500 swim
  • 500 pull
  • 500 IM (with fins)
  • 500 swim
  • 200 kick (with fins)
  • 300 swim
  • 300 pull
  • 200 kick (with fins)
Made a vegetable lasagna for dinner.  Working my first full day since the baby tomorrow, so taking the pump to work!!

Watching Downton Abbey!!


No comments:

Post a Comment